How do you make Dark Souls II easier?

I bought a copy of Dark Souls II a year ago for the PS3 that I barely even touched. I hear that Dark Souls II has VERY unforgiving difficulty, but it looks like a lot of fun although I'm not very sure if it's the game for me. You see, I have a tendency to get VERY frustrated with hard games like that. Don't get me started with Ragnarok Odyssey Ace! That game had me cussing out my TV, although I had fun with it. It's one of my favorites. I want to have fun with Dark Souls II as well. I'm fully aware that there is no easy mode in that game. Can somebody give me tips on how to properly play Dark Souls II so that it's not so hard?

Favorite Answer

There isn't really any specific play style which will definitively make the game easier. Some builds will work better on certain bosses but not others. People say that Mage builds are the easiest but again it's not the same for everyone, personally I don't play well as a mage, I prefer melee dexterity builds. The only way to really know if you will like the game is to try it out yourself.

It's a Marmite game: you either love it or you don't.

It's supposed to be easier if you play as a cleric or a sorcerer, but either way I found it too frustrating to be enjoyable and gave up on it very early on as well. I like my games to be fun and challenging, like Tomb Raider 2013, the original Far Cry and possibly Far Cry 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution and any of the Halo/Half Life games. Dark Souls II was just a frustrating chore for me, and today I started Splinter Cell Conviction which seems promising.

If you've never played a dark souls game perhaps rang will make things a bit easier like magic and hexs

To be honest if you found Ragnarok Odyssey Ace too hard, Dark Souls II probably isn't the game for you.

It relies heavily on user skill and technique. You'll have to rely on your shield and watch the enemy's pattern to figure out how to attack.