Ryan B asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 years ago

Losing a battle with my weight. Need motivation and a good plan?

Posted previously about this. I am topping the scale now at 320 pounds. Never felt worse in my life.

Background info- I used to work as a postal delivery man. Drove a truck delivering mail all the time, sitting down and eating fattening foods. When I started that job I was 200-210 pounds. I gained a lot while working that job and sitting around playing video games.

I left that job and opened a printing shop, not more than 3 year ago.

The location I picked is right next to a Mcdonalds, and I am always eating there.

I work 6 days a week, Sunday is my only day off. Me and my wife generally go to church on Sunday morning then try to walk around the parks but its a little embarrassing for me sometimes...

My wife is korean.. she wears.. get this... around a 6 in ladies pants... And her walking around with me the fatso makes me feel insecure.

Also, I tire easily and want to go home and lay down. I will usually then order a pizza or go to Mcdonalds and pick up a big mac meal.

I think my main problem is I eat so much fast food. I love fast food. Its basically my staple diet. I am always eating big macs and quarter pounders. Whoppers/ &eating the largest packages of everything.

Recently I've started ordering small fries/small burgers but that just leaves me hungry and ill go back and get more.

I rarely eat salads and I hate Mcdonalds salads...

I really want to lose weight. I really do. Need to. Please give me some good answers. Thanks

Favorite Answer

I guess those burgers must be extra good. I never had one. The price, peer activity, proximity, advertising never swayed me. I was a kid when they started and used to read at an adult level. What I read about them dissuaded me from ever having a single bite. Maybe you are selfish. You have a loving wife and care more about burgers than about your quality of life with her and being healthy for her benefit. You go to church and don't learn to be selfless. Bring lunch to work. Eat only home cooking. If you are an addict, go to meetings like overeaters anonymous. Strangers on a website cannot convince a grown man if his wife can't to lose weight. Before hitting rock bottom, do a 180 degree turn around and get help. Become enthusiastic about something besides chopped animal flesh, fat, white flour, flavor enhancers, and greasy frozen vegetables. Your life, your choice.

Plan, refuse to regain by Barbara Berkeley. Also eat to live by Dr Joel Furhman Exercise, walk more

There really is no magic answer to weight loss. There is no secret solution, no mystery. Simple things you do can help tremendously. Eat a healthy diet of about 1500 calories a day - you do need to learn to count calories to some degree, and there are tons of sites that will help you with that, as well as the labels on foods. Start keeping a record everyday of what you eat, because we all usually tend to consume more calories than we think we do - and burn fewer calories than we think we do. Portion control is extremely important - generally a cup of fruit or veggies is a serving, and a piece of meat or fish about as big as a deck of cards is a serving. Use a smaller plate, and put less food on it. Eliminate most junk food, sodas, pop, sweets, fried foods, fast foods, fruit juices, and processed foods. Everyday eat a healthy diet of fruit, veggies, a few nuts, lean meat and fish, whole grain breads and cereals, low fat dairy products. Go for a brisk 45 minute walk twice a day if you can, everyday. Climb lots of stairs. Drink plenty of water. If at all possible start a weight lifting/strength training program either at a gym or at home. If you are a beginner weight lifter/strength trainer it is worthwhile to get some instruction from a gym trainer or from someone who understands how to set up a program for you. It will work.