What's the steps to accomplish this?

I'm 17 and I need help with the steps to start college.

I want to apply for Santa Monica and major in Marketing Management. After that I want to transfer to USC and obtain my Bachelors Degree and MBA. How could I do all of that? Its a hard and frustrating process and it would be great if anyone could help me. Thank you 😊.

• Prof
    Favorite Answer

It is not hard; it prepares you for life, and you should approach it with joy and anticipation. Here is a plan:

At Santa Monica take general education courses required by USC. Study hard and get good grades to ensure that USC accepts you. At USC select a major. Marketing Management is OK, but it is not the best choice if you plan on the MBA. MBA programs accept students from any undergraduate field. They prefer students who do not have a business major because there is too much duplication between undergraduate business classes and MBA classes, and it leaves students with a narrow focus. Businesses hiring MBA graduates want students who can understand and communicate with the scientists and engineers that they have to manage. The best majors are STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), but other majors are acceptable. Any field can use good management.

MBA programs prefer students with 2-5 years of work experience after your first degree. If you insist on getting a business major, your work experience should be closer to 4-5 years. With a STEM degree 2-3 years is enough. To enroll in an MBA program without work experience is usually a waste of time and money. You are less attractive as a job candidate than someone with an undergraduate business degree because they have a major in a relevant field, and you are less attractive in your undergraduate field because you have been out of it for two years and are obsolete and in competition with more attractive new graduates..