Songs That Fit....?

Hey, I'm looking for songs that'll fit someone saving a relative (the father) - from an attack, an enemy. The person just got to them in time - seconds away from the father dying. The rescuer has lost him before (for a very long time.)

Any ideas? I thought 'I Run To You' by Lady Antebellum would work.. but it's sort of a romantic song.

(for a fanfic.)

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Every Breath You Take - The Police

Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

Fix You - Coldplay

For The Love Of A Daughter - Demi Lovato

I Know Places - Taylor Swift

I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders (original)/Glee Cast (cover)

Run - P!nk

Scab and Plaster - Marina & The Diamonds

Sirens - Cher Lloyd (written about her estranged father who nearly overdosed from drugs)

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper (it was written for her mother but you could use it for a fatherly bond too)

Umbrella - Rihanna (original)/Mandy Moore (cover - it's a softer acoustic piano version)

Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance (written for the lead singer's father)

Wherever You Will Go - The Calling

All the above songs definitely fit except Every Breath You Take. That's a stalker song. How is saving a relative connected to an ex stalking you?