Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

Why is everything Obama trying to sell to the public not good enough for government?

If electric cars are such a good idea then why aren't all federal vehicles electric along with the Post Office?

If solar panels are such a great solution then why isn't the White House off the grid?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at any solar project and do the math: for instance if it costs $30 million dollars to build and will save 10% over ten years in energy costs (say about $100,000) then how many decades will it cost to pay back just on the initial investment? I watched a Nevada Energy commercial the other day where they bragged on "thousands of jobs created" and all it showed was three guys putting up panels!

• Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

I know. Electric Cars and Solar Panels are investments with negative returns. Just think it is funny that government shows they would not put up with unreliable vehicles and power but expect Americans to do it.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Obama Administration Invests $300 Million in a Green Federal Fleet ...

www.lawofrenewableenergy.com › Show Me the Money

Oct 7, 2009 - The Climate Policy, Renewable Energy, & Sustainability Blog ... Obama Administration Invests $300 Million in a Green Federal Fleet.

• 4 years ago

Again he's the President - not a dictator - all budget spending goes thru' Congress. The idea that he can spend billions on electric vehicles for Federal employees regardless of Congress is absurd. He doesn't have a blank checkbook.

I expect the existing auto industry and utilities would lobby against any such change in policy since most electric cars come from Fremont only.

• Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

He could just make it all replacements. What excuse do you have next?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Let's make Air Force One and electric plane before Obama's next overseas trip!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

libs have always had different sets of rules for the ruling class and the sheep

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.