Why wont my boyfriend read my favorite novel?

i have been with my boyfriend for 9 months , and i have constantly asked him to read the first book of my favorite series "the last apprentice" he s always saying, i will eventually. he is a very avid reader he has read the entire series of star wars, and to try to get him to read my book i read one of his star wars books. i thought it be fair if i read his he d read mine. Well he just told me that he has been wanting to read the Game of Thrones book series even before he met me, so after that he said he would read mine. If you know the game of throne series, each novel is like 800-1000 pages, im just so irritated already, like seriously?? ..

Favorite Answer

I'm a man, married, and happily refuse to watch anything that causes women to grab a box of tissues. My wife refuses to watch anything that involves kicking butt or zombies. It's just how we're wired. Men are different than women. Simple as that. Want a happy relationship? You have to stop expecting him to be you. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but still... You can't nag him to read something you joy, if it's not his thing. Not if you wish to keep him anyway. Would you read the things he enjoys? Maybe some, but not likely all.

You might be surprised if you gave him some breathing room. I once completely ran out of stuff to read and it drove me nuts for a week. Finally I picked up one of my sisters ROMANCE novels and read it. And Flowers in the attic. I found both to be... Interesting. Once in a while I will watch some sappy drama with my wife, too. Even though she will never watch Zombieland with me LOL. Pitty too, such an awesome movie...

I love the heck out of Ranger's Apprentice. Why don't you just... Leave it out? It's there for him if he decides to do it on his own. Never know...

Ugh I feel your struggle. I had a friend like this too, but she never got around to doing what I was hoping she would. How about making another offer with him? Tell him you'll check out something of his, and if he agrees tell him you'll do it, only if and only if he reads your favorite book first. Otherwise you'll never try his thing ever. Or maybe tell him it will be an earlier birthday or christmas present for you. I hope this helps.

• NWIP

He has told you he will do it eventually, he is going to do this other series first. Just be glad he is reading at all and obviously loves it. So many do not at all. You are not going to always like the same things or do something similar, that is part of being individuals

It's been 2 years, he's never read it and I gave up even trying

On the one hand - It is the sign of a good partner that they share your interests, even when what they are interested in is you not your interests.

On the other hand - It is the sign of a bad partner that they expect others to carter to them.

So your boyfriend failed the first test and you failed the second test. Both of you are too young to be in a serious relationship yet.

If you're pestering him about it, stop. You're only going to achieve negative feelings for you both. It's just a book. Not the dishwasher he promised he'd fix three months ago. Give him a little more time and the benefit of the doubt.

Leave it alone. If he truly wants to read it then he will eventually. You continuing to pester him will only annoy him and it's rude.

• Diane

Let the man choose his own literature. It is annoying to be nagged about things like that.

Just let him have his space. He will get around to it soon enough.