Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Did you know the three richest men in the world are Catholic?

Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, Amancio Ortega

Favorite Answer

You forgot the Pope (who owned 51% of General Motors).

You're wrong...

1 Bill Gates $79.2 billion

2 Carlos Slim Helu & family $77.1 billion

3 Warren Buffett $72.7 billion

Bill Gates on Religion

Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

Religion.

Carlos Slim, full name Carlos Slim Helú, was born and raised in Mexico City, Mexico.

Slim’s parents were immigrants from Lebanon, and while there, were part of a distinct sect of Roman Catholicism called the Maronite Catholics.1 Of course, a Mexican Catholic is nothing unique, but for Slim, it’s the Maronite factor that sets him apart.

Slim doesn’t seem to be too outwardly religious, and some report him as not very devout.2 His faith isn’t something he talks much about–or at all, really.

However, his wealth and influence has even attracted elements of the Catholic Church to his door. For example, a conservative Catholic organization called the Legion of Christ, whose agenda is to seek out the world’s wealthiest Catholics and hitch a ride on their social influence, has thrown galas honoring Slim.3 One representative said:

The soul of a trash collector is as important as the soul of Carlos Slim, but if Slim is converted, think of the influence and power for good he would wield.4

Buffett was raised a Presbyterian, but simply states that he is now agnostic. Political Views.

Buffett is an extremely non-selfish billionaire, pledging his fortune to charity, much of which going to liberal causes.

• Ruth

I didn't know that. Who are the worlds 3 richest men?

• Caesar

Richest in what? Last time i check Forbes the richest man were Slim, Bill and Warren, and any of the Oil guys in Arabia

No because it isn't factual. Gates and Buffett are both agnostic. I don't know about Slim. Gates is married to a Catholic ( and the kind of Catholic who is a child of Vatican II and interested more in social justice than dogma).

Ortega is 4th and I don't know about him either.

It is written that in those days in one hour your riches shall come to not, your gold shall be cankered, and it shall be tossed in the streets. Their riches will be yanked from them in a moment in a twinkling of an eye then their very soul will be on the scales of judgment.

• CC

I didn't know that the sultan of Brunei was catholic.

Sorry, the pope is the only catholic in that category.

• Josh

None of whom you mentioned are Catholic. Even if they were it doesn't prove anything.

did you know that bill gates is rumored to be a satanist. and Obama acts more like a muslim than he does as christian. he definitely NOT a true american citizen.

• Caesar
      4 years agoReport

You now what the Bible say about rumors and lies... Scripture warns against spreading rumors and those who engage in gossip. Proverbs 20:19 ,Proverbs 18:21, James 3:2–12 ,Psalm 34:1Proverbs 10:13, 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Ephesians 4:29...but most Christians dont care about the word of their god...