Cara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 years ago

how long should i exercise daily if I want to lose 10-15 pounds?

I'm transgender (mtf) and want to lose a little bit of weight before starting HRT. when I go to the gym I either do 30 minutes on an exercise bike and reach 5 miles OR 15 minutes on an exercise bike which I can get 1-3 miles in and then 15 minutes on a cardio machine which I can usually get 1 mile on because it tires me out. I am 170 pounds and 5'6 (ik fat don't hate) how long should I work out to reach my goal?

Best Answer

You can be whatever gender you feel you are so please ignore the above user. To lose weight then I would suggest that maybe go for a 20 minute walk in the morning and then an hour gym session whatever time of day suits you. Make sure you do cardio exercises because with cardio you lose fat instead of building mucsles. Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruits and veggies. If you feel like snacking or if youre craving junk then drink a big glass of water and take the time to remind Yourself why you're doing it. Make sure to allow yourself some sugar/junk at least once a week because it helps keep your body energized. Good luck!

Many people think that exercise is the key to weigh loss, but diet is 75% of the equation. Exercise is essential, but walking will work as well as anything. It sounds like you are putting too much emphasis on activity and ignoring the most important factor--diet. Eat right and you will likely reach your weight loss goal. Good luck!

There's no such thing as "transgender" you are a male. And you aren't fat. I'm female and I'm shorter than you and I weigh more. youre fine. Just eat less calories than you burn and youll lose weight.

• Cara4 years agoReport

loving that you made yourself anon so you can hate because you're sad that a chick with a dick is probably more hot than you. xoxo