promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Javi asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 years ago

After being sick, how long does it take for the immunity to wear off until getting sick again?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The immune system(third/last line of defense) works all the time and many chemicals in our body plays very important roles when we are sick as they do not want bacteria,virus or foreign particles to enter and disrupt our body.There's no specific time as to when you'll get sick again..but from my opinion,after you recover from a virus or any influenzas you'll not get sick for that few days after interval because the chemicals that have cured your last flu or infection is sill there until it goes back to its original position or maybe die off...nevertheless,it all depends on whether how much you are exposed to bacteria or viruses and how strong is those bacteria.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • amy
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

if your talking about the common cold u will get it again. most people usually get sick once a year. that seems to be my pattern. extreme weather changes play a part cause it puts the body in shock. once your sick for about two weeks after u cant get it again but of course u will get sick again later on. i always know when i am cause the sniffles start. usually happens when the weather changes drastically, like summer at 85 degrees then september comes and it drops to like 55-66 thats a big difference. hence why it can trigger colds.

• 5 years ago

if you build immunity to something, you should NEVER get sick from that ailment again - there are very few things you can become immune from - vaccinations provide some immunity to some diseases

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.