Is it just me or do a lot of people hate the band Journey?

I don't get why so many people hate the band Journey.

• Favorite Answer

From someone that was born in 1960 and started attending shows in SF in the mid 70s and Journey being a SF band, Many today don't know that they started as a Progressive Rock band rather than the Bubble gum pop rock band they became after Steve Perry joined, And No Steve was not the original singer, That title belongs to Gregg Rollie, he was also the keyboard player, In fact he was the vocalist and keyboard player for Santana for many years before him and Neil Schon left the band to form Journey, Yes Neil was Carlos's rhythm guitarist and only original member of Journey, and Journey has had a lot of different members if that tells you anything, Come to think of it have they written anything new in the last 30 years? Personally in my opinion the band sucked after Ansley Dunbar and Gregg left. Which is about when Steve joined,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRLAHB1uGa4

Youtube thumbnail

Most people that were music fans in the 70's and the 80's love the band Journey. The newer fans- of the 90' and later probably don't like the lead singer- he is not the original one- the original one was Steve Perry.

I dont mind Journey, My top 3 songs are;

Dont Stop Belivin'

Who's Crying Now

Remember Me

• They're not heavy on my rotation, but I do listen for nostalgia from time to time. Perry had one of the most iconic voices in rock. Steve Smith is a world-class jazz drummer, despite what his playing in his tenure in Journey might lead you to believe. Neil Schon is a virtuoso guitarist. They have some interesting stuff at times.

You're right, I see quite a few people bashing them along with AC/DC. Journey isn't that bad at all. Listen to 'Suzanne' or 'Just the Same Way'.

• jakman

There is still a few of their songs that I like.

When the Lights go Down in the City

Daydream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ezunPMX48

Youtube thumbnail

I was a fan in the '80s and even saw them in concert once. But to me their music is bland and cheesy, and hasn't aged well. I don't hate them but nowadays I never, ever make an effort to listen to their music.

• Ryan

I don't hate them, but I don't really like them. Their music can be pretty annoying, and their hype doesn't match up with their actual quality.

• Thorn

they are a girly-rock pop band

and some of their lyrics are really bad.

citay by the bay

or

born and raised in south Detroit

there is no south Detroit

• Tristan Geoff
      4 years agoReport

Actually...

Wouldn't the southern part of Detroit be South Detroit?

Yeah, they suck. I don't care what anyone says, "Don't Stop Believin'" is the most overrated song of all time.