Parents: What would you do if your teen son/daughter purposefully endangered him/herself my climbing a crane or large building?

There is something called buildering/roofing in which people (mostly young people) climb cranes, large buildings and bridges (like the golden gate bridge). My question is: How would you react if your teen was caught doing that? What would you say/do? What punishment/consequences would you give them (I guess no TV is not cutting it, considering the dangerous nature of these "hobbies")

Favorite Answer

Hand them a piece of paper and pen and ask them to write their last will and testament, and how they want to be buried to start with. Or, launch into your funeral plans for them.

In addition, I wouldn't hesitate to remove all of their devices, furniture, and all clothing except for a weeks worth, and I would whale the tar out of them and dare em to call the cops.

Depends on what they climbed up on and what they were wearing when they did this. "Buildering" has nearly become a sport in some large cities, particularly those with large landmarks or skyscrapers. People do it for the same reason that they climb mountains like Everest and Kilimanjaro in Africa. it's not always a sign of a mental disorder. If this was a case where they climbed something while using climbing or rappelling equipment, then there's no need to get upset about it, because that tells me they're doing it for sport or hobby reasons.

• S

take them to a mortuary and have them see a dead person if you can. Have them see a trauma video some one with a back injury or on life support Have the school do a dangers intervention more than one student is doing things that are doing unsafe adventures.

• !@#$%

Lmaoooooo....Because immensely happy I am as a parent & grandparent that my years of raising teens are far behide me...But if I had a teenage child right now and interested in that sought of stuff I'll have them see a therapist and take it from there..Yes u right about the punishment part !

Some kids just want to show off, this is mostly that. I dont know what I would do until it happened. Ground maybe

• Nessa

Yell at them and ground them.

umm I would ground him/her and explain and show why it is dangerous