What interests you about the American cicil rights movement?

I need around 500 of my own words, due in tomorrow Please help?!

the thing is i dont know anything about the civi rights movement

WHAT ARE CIVIL RIGHTS?

Favorite Answer

Look at the Bill of Rights. That was written in 1789, ratified in 1792, as the first 10 amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America. They were the only way the Anti-Federalists would agree to ratified the Constitution. They believed that every American citizen needed "God-given rights" that could not be taken away, and that the first half of the Constitution did not give them enough.

You enjoy the right to post whatever you want on the internet, go around town saying whatever you want (within reason, of course. You can't shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater), correct? You like being able to be a Muslim, or Jew, or Hindu, or Christian, or Atheist? The First Amendment gives you that right.

You can have a gun in your house, and that Second Amendment gives you that right.

The Third Amendment allows you to feel safe in your home knowing that soldiers cannot be stationed there without your consent. The reason behind this one was the Quartering Act, in which the British forced the Thirteen Colonies to house soldiers (in an attempt to assuage rebellious actions and to intimidate).

The Fourth Amendment forces courts to have a warrant, that needs to be overly specific and correct (if the address says "street" and you live on a "road" the officers can't use it, even if the address is otherwise correct and evidence is found; the evidence will be thrown out in a court of law), if they want to search your property.

I would go on, but you can look up the Bill of Rights yourself. Other amendments concerning civil rights: 13, 14, 15 (all dealing with slavery), 19 (gave women the right to vote), 26 (gave people 18 years and older the right to vote). You can also look at Martin Luther King Jr., Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Malcom X, and all of those people that advocated for rights to African Americans. You can delve into the court cases, the Dred Scot case, Plessy v Ferguson, Brown v Board of Education, etc, etc. The list of options is endless. 500 words on civil rights? I would kill for that, especially after my last English essay where I had to write 750 words based on a single abstract term. This is over 300 words. Expand on each of these ideas, even a little, and you will be hard-pressed not to have 500 words.

• Nafisa4 years agoReport

Thank you so much
      I guess I didn't understand the question
      But now I've written 800 words and need to cut down ✌️✌
      Thank youuuu

If you find it boring, then I hope you get arrested and thrown in jail without a trial, and suffer horrible torture and die in prison. Then you might find "civil rights" to be somewhat more interesting.

Nothing. I am bored with it after years of too much of it.

• Nafisa4 years agoReport

********* hell. ITS NOT AS IF I FIND THE ACTUAL CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT BORING
      ITS THE PROGRAMME IM DOING FFS
      AND I NEED LEGIT ANSWERS
      FOR THE PROGRAMME
      of course i care about thwat happened with all the lynchign and the whole ting
      Bloody hell