Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 5 years ago

Will juvenile medical records show on a pistol permit background check?

I am applying for a unrestricted pistol permit in chemung county NY. I have to pay a lot of money to even apply for my pistol permit and i dont want to waste it if a medical record when i was 12-16 is going to get it denied.

I am now 28, no criminal, no mental. However when i was young, 12-16 i was voluntarily hospitalized for suicide a few times. I was not planning on putting that as i did not think those records were able to get to on a background check, Is this accurate or am i setting myself up for denial for untruthful on the app?

When i was 18, i went to apply for the army. The recruiter said they will not find that info out as long as i do not tell them and to keep my mouth shut. I ended up getting denied for my lungs by the doctor, and never went back to retry. So i never really found out if they would of found out about it or not.

Is there anyone out there that went through something similar?

Favorite Answer

Most of the time, Juvenile records are sealed. Remember, most of the time. I don't know about a CCW or permit. The Sheriff's Dept. here requires a mental check from our local mental health facilities.

when the Q asks have you EVER been put in the mential hospital dont lie...Get a lawyer t help you..I was a felon..I had to get rights restored in state I lived in 20 yrs ago then had to do same in my new state,,Then have local cops interview and appprove me...do it right

That will not turn up.