Why do people support Bernie Sanders when he acts like America doesn't have a debt problem?

Both parties have spent money that we do not have and we are almost 20 trillion in debt. (so please don't say stupid crap about Bush or Obama because they have both spent money we don't have) Yet, this guy wants to spend more on social programs? He wants to cut military spending. That's fine, I even... show more Both parties have spent money that we do not have and we are almost 20 trillion in debt. (so please don't say stupid crap about Bush or Obama because they have both spent money we don't have) Yet, this guy wants to spend more on social programs? He wants to cut military spending. That's fine, I even think we spend too much. He wants to get rid of corporate welfare. I support that too. However, he doesn't want to touch Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other social programs. People will think I am heartless and I don't care about others but that's not true. However, those programs are going bankrupt, look at the facts. There is no money left in the Social Security Trust Fund, just IOUs. Medicare and Medicaid need to be reformed. Now, most of the other candidates do not seem to care about the debt, but to me he's the one guy who wants to keep spending money we don't have. His supporters are like Trump supporters; you can just to debate them, but they use stupidity over facts. I mean, people, do you want the USA to become like Greece? These programs won't be here if just do nothing or expand it as Sanders as suggested. Yet he calls himself a deficit hawk. Why would you support this man? Do you not care about this situation? Please tell me
Update: And raising taxes will just encourage government to spend more