Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mike
Lv 7
Mike asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 6 years ago

Is Prof. Don Easterbrook, of Heartland Institute fame, a reliable source for climate science?

Opened up for all to answer.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kano
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no reason to believe he is not a reliable source.

This argument about who is funding scientists is ridiculous, scientists are supposed to be unbiased and search for the truth who ever employs them, and anyway there is way more money for AGW research.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Why would working for the Heartland Institute affect your science any more than your pay and ability to receive grants being directly affected by the level of AGW concern?

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Considering the fact that Easterbrook's 2008 cooling predictions have failed to materialize coupled with the fact that the entire faculty of his former employer disagrees with him, I'd say that Easterbrook is not very reliable at all.

• 6 years ago

Science is science and science requires funding. Disinformation campaign is not science and Easterbrook is not a scientists but a disinformation campaigner. In other a corporate shill paid to say what the Koch brothers want him to say.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Not according to Gringo, who is generally correct.

• 6 years ago

It was "opened" already, Mike. Again, for the umpteenth time, you have copied a copy.

Here is the original.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

I reposted a variant of it BECAUSE I WAS BLOCKED from answering it directly.

Unless you are also blocked from the original question, you can say whatever you want to on that original page.

So, of course, can the poster of that "original" question.

• S
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

no

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

No.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.