Belly piercing advice ?

So I got my belly piercing two days ago and it kept bleeding and stuff and I got worried so I went to the our campus nurse today and she told me to clean it up with hydrogen peroxide every four hours and put some antibiotics cream on it. I have an appointment to go tomorrow but I was wondering if I can just take it out? Like it bothers me and I didn't think it would be such a hassle. But if I take it out what consequences might there be? Or should I just wait for the six weeks to be up? Please help I honestly don't know what to do.

Favorite Answer

Dont take it out. It will be worth it. It's going through the healing process. Dont put hydrogen peroxide on it whatever you do! Go to your local rite aid, walmart,kinney's.. whatever is in your area and buy a bag of epsom salt. Take a shot glass and add half a tea spoon epsom salt and luke warm water. Standing up place the shot glass over your belly button and lay down the glass will suction to your stomach leave it on for 5 minutes and repeat this twice a day! It will help speed up the healing and it wont bleed anymore. If you notice the bar of the belly button ring coming extremly close to the surface of the skin that means your body is rejecting the peircing and then you need to take it it. When i was 17 mine rejected so bad it split my skin and ill forever have a permanent scar. I hope this helps and good luck! :)

• Kassie's advice is awful. Epsom salt doesn't belong on a healing piercing any more than hydrogen peroxide does. Yes, you can remove the jewelry if you no longer want the piercing. Keep the area clean and dry, it'll heal just like any other wound.