Anonymous

Why are all North African Americans & Middle Easterner Americans lumped together with European Americans in the White race category?

I'm Swedish American and in no way racist, but I do no not consider North Africans. & Middle Easterners to be White since I feel the term White is only for the natives of Europe.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the USA is confused.

It uses Caucasian and white as synonyms when they're not.

The vast majority of North Africans and Middle Easterners are Caucasian, but only a minority are white.

Whites are Caucasian people who are of European phenotype, so that includes ethnic Europeans and many people from those two other regions, but they are a minority there.

• 5 years ago

I heard historically when the first known North African/ middle eastern groups immigrated to USA,there was only three race categories: white,black, and Asian,I think at that time,Asians were not considered citizens, and blacks had a lot of brutal treatment they received from racism,so to avoid not being citizens and racism including segregation,the middle easterners and North Africans preferred the " white" label, and until a consensus has been reached or consented in the community that has been the classification of Americans of middle eastern and North African origin with some exceptions,

No offense

Source(s): Finding your roots,USA census
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Cuz Middle Eastern people and North Africans are from Caucasoid descent. They migrated originally from Europe. They have mostly European features(except darker on average), they don't look African Black at all. Some Middle Eastern people just look like very dark Jews. They tend to have similar facial structure to Native Europeans, cuz that's where they descended from. "White" is just a nickname for the Caucasoid race, so u don't have to be light to be considered White. Just think of Middle eastern people and North Africans as EXTREMELY tanned White people, but it still isn't wrong to call them Brown. The White race is the most physically diverse race on Earth.

Anyways, Middle Easterners and North Africans have nothing to do with the Black Sub-Saharan Africans, cuz they never adapted there.

• 5 years ago

white racial pseudo-science have put claim on all cultures that they've found to be palatable or "attractive" to their tastes...claiming That a "white civilization" built the pyramids of ancient Egypt with white-skinned Hebrews as their slaves is a historical goldmine for them and brainwashing the masses into believing that they created "civilization" has always been their goal. If Wesley Snipes was born in Lybia and spoke arab, and moved to the US, they will label him as "white or caucasian"...it's all ideological nonsense!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Because they are of the Caucasian race duuuhhhh

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.