Why would a man compete with a woman?

My father competes with me. If I play a nice song he has to outdo the song I play and play an even better one. If I cook something really tasty he acts as if he's too good to taste it. I had made gumbo and it was really good but he always comes up with reasons to not eat it. The rest of the family eats it and... show more My father competes with me. If I play a nice song he has to outdo the song I play and play an even better one. If I cook something really tasty he acts as if he's too good to taste it. I had made gumbo and it was really good but he always comes up with reasons to not eat it. The rest of the family eats it and they love my cooking he has even told me I can cook well but it seems like now he always comes up with reasons not to eat it. If I do something he always has to give me pointers to make it seem like anything I do isn't good enough and he'll always come up with some sort of criticism. If I wear my hair a certain way he'll say "that hairstyle looks like sh*t" or he'll say something like "why don't you fluff it up a lil bit stop straightening it." one time I bought an outfit with my own hard earned money and I never wore the outfit. And he told me "if you don't wear that outfit I'm gonna get rid of it" the nerve of him! How can he tell me if I don't wear an outfit that I bought with my own money from my own job that he'll get rid of it. And guess what happened? It disappeared right after that and then I got on him about it and he had the nerve to act like he was going to hit me for "accusing" him when he told me himself that he was gonna get rid of the outfit and said that I was being "disrespectful" and then days later the outfit appeared but it had rips and oil stains all over it. One time I had a collectors item doll and he told me he was gonna get rid of it..
Update: (continued) days later this collectors item doll disappeared after he said he was gonna get rid of it and then I confronted him about it and then he tried to act like he was gonna hit me because he said I was being disrespectful and that I was a liar and that he didn't say that. He also has a problem with women... show more (continued) days later this collectors item doll disappeared after he said he was gonna get rid of it and then I confronted him about it and then he tried to act like he was gonna hit me because he said I was being disrespectful and that I was a liar and that he didn't say that. He also has a problem with women he's always talking about "how women want to be seen. They only want men to think about sex."
Update 2: He always tells me my friends are fake and none of them are my real friends he tells this to my other siblings too. It's like he wants us to believe nobody likes us. He likes to do things that he knows I don't like. If I tell him to get something from the store for me he'll get what I told him not to... show more He always tells me my friends are fake and none of them are my real friends he tells this to my other siblings too. It's like he wants us to believe nobody likes us. He likes to do things that he knows I don't like. If I tell him to get something from the store for me he'll get what I told him not to get. One time I was straightening my hair with a hot comb and a hot comb has to heat up on the stove he kept turning it off to hinder me from finishing my hair he kept doing it and I told him to
Update 3: (continued) I told him to stop turning the comb off. He told me that if I leave the stove on again while I was straightening my hair that he was gonna take my comb and throw it outside. Then I told him "If you take my comb and throw it outside I'm gonna take your stuff and throw it outside" he flipped... show more (continued) I told him to stop turning the comb off. He told me that if I leave the stove on again while I was straightening my hair that he was gonna take my comb and throw it outside. Then I told him "If you take my comb and throw it outside I'm gonna take your stuff and throw it outside" he flipped when I told him that. He said if I threw his stuff outside that he was gonna punch me in my head, so I told him if he punched me I was gonna punch him back then that's when he punched me in my head
Update 4: (continued) so I we were fighting on the floor and he told me "you can't do what I do" basically saying since he was a man that I couldn't fight him back because he's stronger and im a woman and can't go toe-to-toe with him. I called the police on him, they gave him a warning that if he... show more (continued) so I we were fighting on the floor and he told me "you can't do what I do" basically saying since he was a man that I couldn't fight him back because he's stronger and im a woman and can't go toe-to-toe with him. I called the police on him, they gave him a warning that if he hits me again that he'll go to jail. One time we got into an argument and he told me that "I don't care if I go to jail, I'll hit you" and I told him I'll make sure he goes away for a long time
Update 5: (continued) then he said "If I go to jail for a long time I'll make sure it's worth it. I'll mess you up so bad your jaw will be all wired up" I told him I was keeping track of the things he was doing and I was going to write down the threat he gave me and then he tried to project what he said... show more (continued) then he said "If I go to jail for a long time I'll make sure it's worth it. I'll mess you up so bad your jaw will be all wired up" I told him I was keeping track of the things he was doing and I was going to write down the threat he gave me and then he tried to project what he said to me back on me by saying he was going to write down what I was saying and was going to let the cops know what I was saying. I think he's crazy.
Update 6: @Sandy, you're right. I think my father is a narcissist. I don't trust him he tries to convince me that none of my friends like me and he says the same thing to my other siblings. I don't get why he wants me to believe none of my friends like me.
Update 7: @tehwaba, since you're getting offended obviously you would be a parent just like my father. You're rude and offended. I don't know why you're taking what I say as a personal attack. You really need to get a life. All you had to do was answer the question obviously you feel his behavior is true... show more @tehwaba, since you're getting offended obviously you would be a parent just like my father. You're rude and offended. I don't know why you're taking what I say as a personal attack. You really need to get a life. All you had to do was answer the question obviously you feel his behavior is true about yourself.