Karla asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 years ago

Will the Dallas cowboys be good without Dez Bryant?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They will still be a great team. Obviously losing him hurts, but I think they have more than enough weapons to still have a great offense. Other guys like Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley, and Jason Witten will have to step up in order to replace some of the production that he would have from week to week. Players like tight end Gavin Escobar and running back Lance Dunbar will now be more involved on offense and in the weekly gameplan.

The Cowboys showed in the Giants game how they would like to use Dunbar in the passing game, lining him up in the slot for most of the night. He didn't have a single rushing attempt, but he did record a career high in catches and yards on Sunday (8 catches, 70 yards). He caught a few quick screens and showed why the coaching staff had been trying to get him on the field since he arrived to the Cowboys as an undrafted rookie free agent out on North Texas (UNT) in 2012. Look for the 5'8'', 195 pound Dunbar to be a big part of the passing attack moving forward.

Gavin Escobar (6'5'', 265 lbs.) had a touchdown v.s. the Giants. He had only nine catches last season, but four of those went for touchdowns. He's the biggest receiving threat that the Cowboys have on their roster in terms of size. He's more athletic than Jason Witten and he's actually bigger than Dez Bryant. Escobar probably had the best hands of any TE in his draft class (2013.) The former second-round pick out of San Diego State is a player very similar to Jimmy Graham in the way he plays. He's not a very good blocker and can struggle playing the "Y" position, meaning as a traditional in-the-line tight end that lines up in a three point stance. He's best utilized playing from the slot or outside the numbers. He has great size for the position and is athletic enough to win one-on-one matchups. He reminds me a lot of former Cowboy Martellus Bennett. Bennett was Witten's backup for a while and Escobar finds himself in that same position right now. If Escobar was with a team like the Saints or Falcons, he'd be making Pro Bowls. The talent for Bennett was always there, he just never got opportunities because Witten could do everything. If Escobar were with a different team, he would be having 60 or 70 catches per season, around 800 yards, and 8 or 10 touchdowns. He now has a great opportunity in front of him to show his talent with Dez being sidelined.

As long as they have Romo as their starting quarterback, the Cowboys will have a great passing offense.

Source(s): A smart Cowboys Fan ^__^ #Relentless #WeDo #BAM
  • 4 years ago

I will start by saying that i have grown respect for Tony Romo over the last 3 years i did not have over the last 9. i always thought he was over rated and like so many other quaterbacks unlike Brady he required 75% of the salary cap at his disposal to be "elite". he's had flashes the year he played the 07 patriots. But he wasn't a leader.

And to be elite like Tom Brady you have to shuffle that deck and start kick starting your prolific nature and insistence on winning will not deny you victory. your accuracy, timing. play calls. situations. that stuff matters... And you have to perform. i won't say it is easy because i watch brady do it every week and i'm the one on pins and needles even though to him it's what he does.

Tony may have matured into an elite qb. perhaps that is what will happen. All i know about qb's gauging TB every week is that the elite don't lose it all when they lose their main piece. Rob Gronkowski is a special situation. But the pats can still reach and win the superbowl even minus him. they did it 3 other times with jv squads at receiver playing lights out in the big games.

So one person does not sink a ship. if dallas was made into a cohesive unit. And their game plan is sound. This is an opportunity for the elite in there to take this opportunity and start dialing up some haymakers. And i think Dallas is ready to take over the east because they got NY's number and that is all that stands in their way.

trust me. a few lucky bounces. an epic comeback. a lights out stand and you will have the ingredients of a team that don't need one guy to succeed.

• Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Those fans have no self esteem and no self identity and have to live there lives vicariously through the success of the Cowboys to get some. They aren't real fans. BTW, Romo has better career stats than Brady in almost every category.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Probasbly better because less distractions

Look at Monday Night, Cowboys played their best with Bryasnt in the locker room

• adam
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Nope

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Nope

• 4 years ago

we have to wait and see am not a cowboys fan but have great respect for the teams history they may be able to get by and go 8 and 8

• 4 years ago

It will definitely hurt the team, even just how the opposing defense would have to respect him, but with Romo, you always have a chance.

• ?
      Lv 4
      4 years agoReport

Finally! Someone smart.

• Mediocre

• ?
      Lv 4
      4 years agoReport

The reply to my reply that came after your response responding to my initial reply was mediocre.

• 4 years ago

They will be one of the top 32 teams in the world.

• 4 years ago

No way. Eagles will win the division

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.