POLL: Do you have any "family recipes" ?

do tell

Favorite Answer

My family is from Louisiana and one side has recipes passed down from my great grandmother which are Cajun recipes. One for Chicken Gumbo I know how to make. You start off with a roux and brown it till it is dark. Then add in chopped green onions. Then add it to your chicken stock and chicken that has been boned. Add okra,corn, salt ,cayenne and pepper.Last of all add sassafras.Serve over rice.

Yes, I do. There is a special pastry I make to put on stews and over meat roasting in the oven - that is from my mother. There is one for something we call "cottage pudding" from my aunt who was my surrogate mother. And there is one for an cookie that doesn't require baking. We call them snowballs, and I developed the recipe when my kids were little and they use the recipe today with their kids, who also love them.

• Oh yeah, mostly German foods.

Fried Sauerkraut and Bread Dumplings.

Hands down from Great Great Great Grandma.

I have to make this once a year with fried German slice sausages with hot mustard..

It's a must have!

My mother ruined me with meatballs as a kid. I think all the ones at restaurants are gross because her "recipe" is just that good

• Hi

Nope

yes. Kraft macaroni n cheese.

Well, my dad's a chef, so probably, but I don't know.

• Math

not really