Anonymous

What are my chances of getting into UT austin? (Academic and Extracurriculars below)?

Please be honest if i you dont think ill get in. My top 2 choice majors: 1.Actuarial Mathematics, 2. Business.

Sat Score: 2180. 780(math), 710(reading), 690(writing).

PSAT:216

GPA: 4.21/5

Ranking: I am ranked #104 in a class of about 1300.

School Clubs: KEY Club, environmental club, JWAC(although i didnt make the competition team for my school), International Club, Computer Club, BPA(Went to regionals), NHS( I have about 100 volunteer hours total)

Outside of school activities: Used to play AAU basketball.(Quit in the middle of 9th grade), Currently in a rec league just for some exercise, member of the plano ping pong association, Did toastmasters all the way from 6th-9th grade, Stocker for target(Summer Job)

I am in state, have taken a total of 12 AP's

I made a mistake. I am actually ranked 112 out of 1300. (no auto admit)

Favorite Answer

Top 10%, you'll probably be admitted, but depending on your preferred major you may not be admitted to the school you want.

I had a 1490 SAT - 750 math, 740 verbal, 3.9 GPA out of 4.0, and I got in to the Economics program, which was my secondary, but not the Business School which is more competitive. I ended up going to UT Dallas on a scholarship, but I do sometimes wish I had stuck with UT.

Looks like you have a great chance of getting in