Safer or less fun?

So instead of having kids go from house to house on Halloween night to collect candy my church is been having this thing called trunk or treat where they go around the church parking lot from car to car collecting candy and have games in the middle of it and sometimes they serve gumbo or some kind a big dinner now is this safer or less fun for the kids who to run like around and be on the streets?

Favorite Answer

It's safer AND less fun, not safer OR less fun.

• I don't think it's any safer and less fun. The lazy *** kids might prefer it, but the normal ones want the running around thing.

Why is the church doing this? Kids have hallowe'en for fun, not to kept on a leash. Is there some safety issue here? Millions of kids do hallowe'en without any harm, what makes anyone think this is safer?

I went to one of these in elementary school. I think it's a good idea. It is better to be safe and I do think it can be equally as fun. Maybe better because you could have music playing from car to car. It could be something new because you don't normally see people decorating the back of the cars.