I need help, I'm writing a story and I need vivid description on how Shawn mendes looks.?

I'm writing a story and one of my characters looks like Shawn mendes but I can't describes how he looks. So of you have a description of him can you please tell me. I need to know about his eyes, his hair, his smile, and etc. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Personally, I would strongly advise against having vivid descriptions of characters. Especially when you base your character on a celebrity.

If you say "He looked like Shawn Mendes, with eyes the shape of casserole dishes and hair the colour of rotting plums" then your readers will be spending too much time trying to figure out who the heck Shawn Mendes is or what he looks like.

Alternatively, if you find a picture of Shawn Mendes and describe every single aspect of his appearance, you will bore your readers to tears. Nobody cares about that amount of detail. Even protagonists of the most famous novels have minimal description. Think of Harry Potter - all we learn is he was skinny, small for his age, untidy black hair and green eyes. That's all we get. We have no idea how his smile looks, the exact contours of his cheeks and whatever else.

In short, the bare minimum will suffice.

You're writing a story. Not a Match.com ad or a police description.

• Aria5 years agoReport

Thanks beautiful Nightmare, you are a very sweet person and I am still so very sorry. :)

If you're dead set on Shawn Mendez, have you never heard of looking up his pictures? What difference would it make if we did the same and gave you a description vs if you just did it yourself?

I am sorry if any of you thinks that I am trying to tell people what to think but the truth is I'm not, all I'm asking is that you don't say mean things. Some of you might say that words don't hurt but they actually hurt me, so once again I'm sorry.

He's tall and has brown hair and eyes. He works out too and has a cute smile

• S ü

like central casting called for a "boy band" member

just describe him as tall, muscular, brown hair, and brown eyes

sad\