Should I move into a new place or purchase a car first?

So my boyfriend and I are having this ongoing debate. He thinks I should move from living with my mom and rent my first apartment with just my son and I. I for one think it would be smarter to purchase a car (new or used) before I move so I won't have any trouble making it to and from work, going to grocery stores, doctor appointments and what have you. He says that I can use his car and he can just walk to work and catch the bus he doesn't want me walking. I was raised to never depend on a man, because for one my father was never in my life growing up and for two I never seen my mom doing it. I have a serious problem with asking my man for help and anybody for that matter. So I've been slowly getting better at it and I've let him know that I needed help financially for the past 2 months and nothing has happened. Matter of fact... In the past 10-12 weeks I've given him $800 or more on various things like rent and electric bills and things he desperately needed. I don't want to depend or ask him for anything else and that's my reasoning on why I want the car first (he doesn't know that's my real feelings towards it). I know I'm hardheaded and stubborn I'm a Taurus I do not listen and I tend to bump my head a lot and hurt my bum because of this... I am trying to change and get better with this though. I live in Wisconsin and we have crazy winter weather from november to April and my son is in daycare. I don't wanna be out here vehicle less.. I need help. What should come first?

Favorite Answer

I think the car should come first, otherwise you WILL be at his mercy whenever you need one to go somewhere. Granted you can usually use public transportation or walk or borrow his, however there is nothing to guarantee that any of these will be available when you want or need transportation.

• lala

Without a doubt ;; you NEED a car

and this guy is quite controlling ;; so be extra careful

And about lending him money :: IN the future is NO for any reason

He says he can live in a app ;; well time to prove it ; that he can live by himself

I am the mother of 5 grown up

I Got me a car first and guess what? He broke up with me lol haha!