Eric asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 years ago

Windows 10 free update wonders...?

So i recently uppdated my windows 7 hp premium to windows the windows 10 update and i'm wondering if the update will ask to pay later or it's going to be free for the lifetime of the device. I'm also asking whether this free update is a genuine version of windows (original version)

• TWB
    Best Answer

Windows 10 is not free. It is going to cost you your privacy. Free is never free on the internet. If you have Windows 10 you can not be guaranteed protection. M$ has built a back door into it and plans on spying on its users. It is spyware masquerading as an OS. Why do you think it is free. People who make a profit off spyware and love the government knowing what you do daily are truly in love with Windows 10 and think it is the best OS M$ ever released.

Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge. Spyware is mostly classified into four types: system monitors, trojans, adware, and tracking cookies. Spyware is mostly used for the purposes of tracking and storing Internet users' movements on the Web and serving up pop-up ads to Internet users.

From Extreme Tech

There are certain new “features” of Windows 10 that can’t be blocked by any OS-level tweaks, including the hosts file. The updates listed above connect to vortex-win.data.microsoft.com and settings-win.data.microsoft.com. These addresses are hard-coded to bypass the hosts file and cannot be prevented from connecting. It’s been reported that software firewalls aren’t sufficient to block them, though this is unclear.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/213183-once-m...

Once the hard core virus writers discover how to use this to their advantage there will be no stopping them.

Then there is the fact that you can not refuse updates.They have decided that you are stuck with this one. It is called Windows as a service. From this point on you will not be able to refuse updates of any kind. What that really means is that M$ can install or delete anything it wants on your puter anytime it wants. Their attitude is, tough we now control you and your puters and there is nothing you can do about it. The other reason for forcing updates on you is to also force new releases of the OS on you. This means the next time they have a Vista or Windows 8 you will not have a choice but to upgrade to it. They will use your auto update feature to force it down your throat. Everyone knows the history of M$ and how bad they can be in destroying a good OS.

M$ is also updating Windows 7 and 8 to put this same back door into them.

If M$ has there way, Windows 7 and 8 are going to be just like Windows 10. We just found out that M$ is now hard coding this spyware into Windows 7 and 8. Look for these updates in and see if you have them. KB 3068708: KB 3068708 KB 3022345: KB 3075249: KB 3080149:

Source(s): TWB 35+ years of experience in the service industry. You name it, I have probably fixed it. I did not design it, I did not build it, I did not break it, but I am the one who can fix it. What that means is that I have spent a life time taking these things apart and seeing how they are made. The difficult we do right away, the impossible just takes a little longer. I hear voices, so please be quite so I can listen to them.

Hello,

It is free and it is full version of windows 10. You have only 30 days to decide whether you want it permanently or not since after 30 days it will delete your old windows 7. To go back to windows 7 I think you will need that windows.old folder so don't delete it.

Thanks.

Good answers-

But- PAY ATTENTION HERE- like Ron said....

-you have 30 days to make up your mind AFTER the upgrade. If you think you want to ever go back to w7, then do it BEFORE 30 days are up. The downgrade option will close after 30 days...then you are stuck with 10.

- if you do downgrade to 7....you STILL have the option to go back to 10 through ANYTIME til July 29/2016.

Bottom line......you still have nearly a year to decide on 10. If you really like 7, then go back NOW. W7 will receive updates through Jan 2020- so.....its not going away anytime soon.

The update is genuine windows and as long as you upgraded from a legal copy of window you won't have any issue

• Katie

It's free for the life of your computer. I did the upgrade

July 29th, and I love windows 10. It is fast and really

runs good.

Microsoft publish the lifecycle expectancy for all of their systems in advance, Windows 10 is the latest;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecyc...

It is supposed to be the last one, is there something that they are not telling at the moment?

It is also just be missing things that were present in earlier versions of Windows and you will have to pay for them,such as Media Centre and other things, you can Google them.

They are apps that you pay for in 10.

Regards, Bob UK.

dont...windows 10 is full of bugs, just wait for a few months for support to get better...

also it upgrades your KEY so as long as you have that key it will work for windows 10...

the free upgrade is only for the genuine versions of windows

It's free for life.

As to whether it's genuine or not, that depends on where you got it from. As long as you got it directly from Microsoft, either thru windows updates or from Microsoft's website, it is indeed genuine.

Who cares? I downloaded Windows 10 and my computer became a big fat mess with their downloads so I quickly went back to 7.Good luck everyone.

• Ron75

It is free but you only have 1 month to go back to your old OS if you don't like it or can't get it to work. So don't delete the Windows.old Folder as so many have done to gain more free disk space.

Ron