How can I use wifi on my old desktop pc?

I have an old pc bought in 2008.It does not have a wifi pce card.Is there any other alternative to let me use wifi.

Favorite Answer

I recently added WiFi to my old 2007 Windows Vista computer. I used a nano USB dongle that worked very well over a 6 metre distance to the router, which was on a different floor.

Some USB dongles come with similar antennae to those provided on internal wireless cards, and in general should offer very similar performance to the internal cards.

One advantage of a USB adapter is that you can use a USB extension cable to move the adapter (dongle) and its antennae away from the metal work of the computer, which should provide better performance than an internal card with antennae close to the computer's back plate.

Whether you choose an internal card or a USB adapter, make sure it comes with the correct drivers for your operating system.

Buy a Wifi card.

I prefer the internal ones, as they come with a better antenna.

However the USB dongles are easier to install (just insert it) and generally are OK so long as you're close enough to your router.

get a wireless usb adapter