praharsha asked in PetsDogs · 5 years ago

Pitbull Vs American bully?

what is the deferance between American Pitbull and American bully ?

Favorite Answer

well, my vet is a breeder's vet among other types of animals, his practice now seems to be 75% these new fangled"American Bully". Seems to be a cross of Pit Bull and American Bulldog, but IDK. All I know is that they are freaks of nature and these people seem to be ghetto types constantly bringing these dogs in for artificial breeding and c sections. These dogs cannot mate or deliver on their own. Apparently the idea is the circumference of the head. One guy was bragging that his dog, who is about 20" at the shoulder, the size of a pit bull, had a head circumference of 27". Folks, that's the average waist measurement of an average teenage girl. The poor dog was nothing but a freak looking thing and what's it good for? It can't really bite and hold a bad guy because his jaws can't open very wide due to the width of the jaw, and they can't run real fast because they have to balance that gigantic head. I'm thinking we;re going to see a lot of neck and paralysis issues in 10 years with these dogs. A man made breed and as far as I'm concerned, worthless. An for what? a Pit Bull with a St. Bernard head. I am quickly losing respect for my vet for encouraging this. What was once a nice low price vet with a staff that cared is now a quick get 'em in and get'em out, We have C sections to do. he has had to hire other vets to do routine things. I will keep a minimum relationship because he is good at meeting you at any hour for emergencies and doesn't gouge you like the ER does, but for my other regular needs, I may look elsewhere. This is in my opinion immoral to breed such freaks.

No difference since they're both bully breed mutts. There's no such thing as either breed so no "standard" to how they should look. It's just names given by lowly backyard breeders breeding mutts for money.

Don't be a fool. If you want a bully breed mutt go to a shelter and ADOPT one.

• CDog

American Bullies are the squatty, hippo looking, mutants. American Pit Bull Terriers are lean machines. Most of what you see, and what is clogging the shelters are Pit mutts, though.

• Dobiegal
      5 years agoReport

Mutant. Excellent description. excellent answer. give C the points.

Are you referring to the American Staffordshire Pit Bull Terrier or a mixed breed pit bull?

With the Staffordshire the head shape and muzzle are different, the body shape is different and the leg thickness.

• Dobiegal
      5 years agoReport

no this is a relatively new man made mutt, a Pit Bull crossed with an American Bulldog. Anonymous seems to have had some dealings with them. Just give me a good Dobie.