Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

How do Christians explain the failed prophecies in the Bible?

1.Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendants (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 10 to the power of 20 Jewish people which they aren't.

2.Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

3.Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

4.Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now extinct.

6.Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.

7.Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

8.Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

9.Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value.

This prophecy was never spoken by Jeremiah.

@SusieQ.

Please explain all the ones I have listed as saying there are none and I just posted the question a minute ago and you somehow read them all is impossible.

Please take your assumptions elsewhere.

Because I can just say

"I am God"

Following your logic.

And no one could prove me wrong.

Also you saying "There are none" doesn't make all my statements one bit false either so go take your answers somewhere else. Just because your intelligence is low doesn't make your statement one bit true either.

@SusieQ

By answering my question you are bound by the community guidelines to actually answer the question and to not rant. I never claimed I wanted to find God or anything like that.

Are you some sort of stalker? What do you need to know who I am for? If you met a stranger and he tells you he is an atheist. You will try to steal his wallet to learn his name?

I am an Orthodox Christian so your point is invalid.

I didn't say I don't like your answer. Your answer doesn't even try to answer any of my points and you are ranting on how you don't want to help any atheist.

Calm down and drink some water no one is interested if you don't want to help.

Listen @SusieQ. I am not an atheist I am an Orthodox Christian only trying to find answers towards the failed prophecies. I never said my question was interesting for everyone. What is the point you are trying to make? Do you have nothing else to do?

You found God good for you. Now what do you want?

Ok no one is interested in me are you happy now?

@motivational raven

Dude, I have already selected a best answer and regardless this isn't my understanding they were explained largely on another website why they were failed. And you didn't even explain them why they aren't failed so you are making baseless assumptions.

Your ability to make them doesn't mean they are true.

• Favorite Answer

Sounds like you really do not want answers. Do you really expect answers to all those on this short answer form?

They are out there. Some you have wrong. Some are good points and have answers. Others are not meant to be fulfilled until the Kingdom comes. Think of it as looking at two mountain peaks in the distance. You cannot see the huge space between these peaks.

Look up "Apologetics" (reasons) and you will find answers.

Or rather - seek God - for He is under no obligation to give you answers with a heart that obviously does not want answers.

---------------------------------

And may I make a point now?

According to the Jewish Bible, which accurately predicted the Messiah and His role and was **written centuries** BEFORE Jesus ever arrived. How do people conspire over time to do this?

And we know for sure these descriptions of the arriving Messiah were written centuries earlier.

How? Archeology… By the most important archeological discovery in the early 20th century – THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS - which predate Jesus.

When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in the mid 20th century (in a cave near the Dead Sea in Israel) – they had been there since the time of Jesus. So, we now had copies dating back 1,000 years past the oldest copies that we had up to that point.

The Bible predicted about the Messiah:

• Born in Bethlehem..... The Jewish prophet said so in Micah 5:2

• Reach many in Galilee..... The Jewish prophet said so in Isaiah 9:1

• Born a descendant of David..... The Jewish prophet said so in 2 Samuel 7:12-13

• Be a Leader like Moses.......... The Jewish prophet said so in Deuteronomy 18:18

• Enter Jerusalem on a donkey..... The Jewish prophet said so in Zechariah 9:9

• Arrive after King David died..... The Jewish prophet said so in 2 Samuel 7:12-13

• A rejected man....... The Jewish prophet said so in Isaiah 53:3

• Die as a substitute for others..... The Jewish prophet said so in Isaiah 53:5

• Be pierced..................... The Jewish prophet said so in Zechariah 12:10

• Rise from the dead...... The Jewish prophet said so in Isaiah 53:10

• Have followers from all nations...... The Jewish prophet said so in Daniel 7:14

And even MORE important..............

• Messiah was to arrive BEFORE The Temple was destroyed in 70 C.E..... See -> Daniel 9:26 (Rome destroyed the Temple in the year 70CE. And Daniel (written centuries before this event) said the Messiah would arrive before this was to happen.

.

This is just the start…. Many more prophecies fulfilled.

.

Again – these Jewish writers all wrote centuries before Messiah Jesus ever arrived. So how do people conspire over centuries to make a fallacy - i.e. I will write this prophecy 700 years earlier and you – in the future claim fulfillment in Jesus. Really – How?? They cannot talk to each other across time?? Important Point. Please explain that if possible.

It would be like you writing a book TODAY and making prophecies about a man to live in the future year 2715.

A) Why would you even bother?

B) How could you conspire with the people then (700 years from now) to make sure it was fulfilled?

No other “religious book” has this. That is what makes the Bible so unique.

And this is just the start…..

The reasons list goes on and on,

There is not a shadow of doubt - Yeshua (Jesus in Hebrew) was/is the Messiah of Israel.

Read a great 5 VOLUME SET – ANSWERING JEWISH OBJECTIONS TO JESUS! (over 1,400+ pages of very scholarly research). Dr. Michael Brown (Ph.D. NY University) has a doctorate in Semitic languages and Bachelor’s degree in Hebrew from Queens College.

Source(s): . I am an Author and a Jewish Believer in Jesus (a Messianic Jew) for 27+ years. Grew up in a Conservative Jewish home in NYC. Both parents Jewish. Father was in in Israeli army. I have now taught about the Jewish Jesus, as a guest speaker, in 26 States across the USA.

What failed prophecies?

Your inability to understand a prophecy does not mean that they failed

There are none. Just because you haven't studied enough doesn't make your reality true one bit.

Nope. Your problem isn't my problem.If you have seen any of my responses you would know I have no interest in helping atheists find God which really pisses them off. But I don't. I did all my research. I found God. If you haven't then fine. Your prerogative. And I don't talk much to cowards who hide behind blue anonymous.

Name calling is typical for atheist when they don;t get an answer they like. Boo-hoo.

Your question is so interesting no one but me has replied...........

Yep. And no one is interested in you either it appears.