Dee asked in HealthMental Health · 5 years ago

Anxiety. Stress. Or OCD. HELP.?

I've just starting to notice I may have an anxiety disorder. I haven't been diagnosed because i haven't seen an psychologist or psychiatrist. But here's my story: note I'm 21 currently,.. All my life I've been a worrier I think, but it usually will go away after so long. I was afraid to use towels or anything of that nature that had a stain or any kind of mark on it. I was dating this guy who broke my heart and sent me into a world of depression. I also I obsessed over him for a long time almost. Now I have this new job and I'm obsessing over making a mistake and losing my job. I'm so confused I need help asap. I need to see someone to help me get over my fears and stop this obssessing . Also, al my life I have been called "GAY", I never really knew my sexual orientation until later in life (now). I still to this day hate being called GAY. Being called gay makes me obssess and cry constantly . But my ocd or whatever mental disorder I may have didn't flare up until I broke up with my boyfriend and he broke my heart that's when it went into full gear. Help me please. Refer me to someone. Where do I start to get help? Please help me understand.... 😓

• Dan

Start with a therapist. Call your doctor for a referral or ask your insurance company for a list of therapists in your area.

Stop obsessing about the diagnosis. You don't need to diagnose yourself before you seek help.

OCD is an anxiety disorder that is made worse by stress, so there isn't a clear division between what is OCD and what is anxiety and what is stress.

See a therapist. The therapist will help you a lot.

Go see a psychologist, a counselor, a therapist around your area.

were gunna have a talk in 5 minutes