What do you think about the massive scandal that will happen with Christian pastors and Ashley Madison?

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that in order to be a Christian, you should not commit adultery. It is an easy thing to do. You just do not sleep with anybody BUT your wife. Pastors, priests and ministers of Christianity teach by action that you can commit adultery by being a part of Ashley Madison. Millions of Christians do just that. They have sex with people who are not their spouses.

Does this fact prove that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the true Christians or are these Christians who practice adultery and fornication true Christians?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-chuck-currie/ash...

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Your source is very questionable. For one thing I found it was a statement by a Baptist minister. Ed Stetzer, a Southern Baptist Convention leader said that he expects 400 ministers to "step down" because of Ashley Madison. No where were priests ever mentioned by him. You implicated priests when they were never mentioned. Maybe Ed saw a list of Baptists on Ashley Madison, but to bring other religions into the debacle is unfair at best.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rolltodisbelieve/2015...

• 5 years ago

What do you think about the massive scandal that will happen with Christian pastors and Ashley Madison?

- I can't wait until it all comes out.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that in order to be a Christian, you should not commit adultery.

- Except when convenient.

• 5 years ago

I despise the entire concept behind Ashley Madison, but I have to admit to a bit of glee reading about how many Christian hypocrites were exposed in the hack of their website. Including the infamous Duggar Dad.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I don't find that you will win anyone over to our religion (JWs) by pointing out scandals, assuming you are a JW

Also I haven't heard of any pastors getting discovered as patronizing that site-maybe there are some, but until they are brought forward, no reason to speculate

See what you do when you ask a question like this? People come to it and cut us down

Edit-I see in a comment box, you told someone that you aren't a JW, so my apologies, I shouldn't have chided you for the question

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

looks like more than half the females listed on the site don't exist so the scandal will be something different from the original story, the men can't be caught out by non-existent women and the advertisers will want refunds for the overcharge on the fees

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Nothing will happen. Basically, in the US, anyone connected to the church has a 24/7/365 get out of jail free card. All you need to do is go on TV, pretend to be sorry, and cry. Boom, instant repentance, instant forgiveness, and the publicity may actually end up increasing the size of your congregation.

To be blunt, I think there is more honor and personal responsibility in the world of organized crime than there is in the christian church.

• Based on just this, I would say that no faith is a true faith! Since not a single human being is immune to committing adultery and sadly, there are many witnesses who have committed adultery and thus, brings shame on Jehovah!

However, happily, faith does not hinge on just whether one stays pure in their marriage!

Many people twist scripture and your example shows that.

I think of another, where we read: and if you keep looking at a woman, you are committing adultery in your heart. Many could twist that and say: ah well it is ok for a woman to commit adultery, because that scripture clearly states that it is a man who keeps looking!

It all comes down to love. When one loves Jehovah with all their hearts, that helps to keep from doing things that displease him.

So ones who defect, show their love for Jehovah is very weak!

I do apologise for not actually ANSWERING your question. I have not heard of this person and to be honest, do not care, because it is hard enough as it is, to keep strong in this horrid system!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Everyone is made to look bad, but the antichrist is made to look good.

But he was born to a 12th generation prostitute.

He is a homosexual. He is the worst of tyrants and psychopaths.

Forgive me.

• 5 years ago

Do you realize that almost no men

who paid to sign up

for the Ashley Madison site,

had sex with anyone

other than themselves?

99% of the profiles for women

they discovered there and wrote to,

were fake.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I hope loads of right-wing fundie pastors lose their jobs over this. I will laugh and laugh. I imagine some JWs will be on the list too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.