Any really good scifi/action animes out there with slow build up to romance? Preferrably the love-hate/tsundere type?

Favorite Answer

Planetes - Not technically action, but it's more of a take on realistic space travel. It has main characters that originally hate each other, but we all know how it's going to end.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - THIS! RIGHT HERE! is what I would recommend you the most out of 5 that I will give you. It's got everything you asked for. A Science Fiction Action show that has a Star Trek-esque feel to it. And despite not being listed, this show is secretly a romance. It just depends on how dense you are to figure that out. However, it's not the tsundere type of romance that you are looking for.

A Certain Magical Index - Ok, not exactly romance, but it is a good scifi/action show with a tsundere female protagonist. The problem is that the main male protagonist is just too dense to not even realized he's got a harem of OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!!!! (Literally, I'm not exaggerating)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Tone down scifi and more of a slice of life, this show reeeeaally has a slow build in terms of romance. And even if that romance is still unrequited, it's still worth it, even if it's for watching the movie sequel.

Sword Art Online - As much as possible, I really don't want to recommend this, mostly because it's a faster build up. But at this point, I'm running out of options. It's scifi, it's action, it's romance, and it has a tsundere character.

Definitely This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, that's exactly like that. It's not necessarily love-hate, but it's love-not love throughout most of the anime.