Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 years ago

So, I'm possibly upgrading to an Intel i7 4790k, can someone tell me some motherboards that are good/compatible with it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago

I like motherboards that are good values for the money, personally. Buy too cheap and you get few features. Too expensive, and you're pretty much tossing money at bragging rights. The motherboard I use on my i7 4790k is the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK. Good bang for the buck, and you can't go wrong with Gigabyte motherboards.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The motherboard I use is the Z97. It supports Intel i7 4790k but may not be the cheapest thing alive.

• n/a
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Ones that have the socket the i7 4970k works in

if you don't know which socket then how would you upgrade to it?

• 6 years ago

go to pcpartpicker u can put different parts together and the site will tell u if it will run or have any problems

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.