Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 years ago

So, I'm possibly upgrading to an Intel i7 4790k, can someone tell me some motherboards that are good/compatible with it?

I like motherboards that are good values for the money, personally. Buy too cheap and you get few features. Too expensive, and you're pretty much tossing money at bragging rights. The motherboard I use on my i7 4790k is the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK. Good bang for the buck, and you can't go wrong with Gigabyte motherboards.

The motherboard I use is the Z97. It supports Intel i7 4790k but may not be the cheapest thing alive.

• n/a

Ones that have the socket the i7 4970k works in

if you don't know which socket then how would you upgrade to it?

go to pcpartpicker u can put different parts together and the site will tell u if it will run or have any problems