promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

apartment complex sold. How to find info on new owner? WP Hart Properties LLC. Slum landlord? LLC flipping properties? what to expect?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

These companies are in business to make a profit. The area in which the apartment is located would determine what you would call the apartments.

If this is a slum area you decided to live there. This is a choice you made because of the rent you would be required to pay each month.

The company is not a slum landlord, they purchased the property in the condition they are and in the area they are located.

The plans of the new owner would be listed in their plans. Normally a new owner would repair the rental units and upgrade the rental units. Of course with the upgrades there would be an increase the rent.

Why is it important for you to know the owner of the apartment complex. They would not want to speak with you about the apartment complex. They are corporate executives and would refer you to the property manager's office to solve any potential problem you might have. They would not have any idea as to what you are speaking of. The might not even know they own the property. It is just another property in their portfolio.

For the day to day operation of the apartments there would be a property manager as well as an onsite manager.

You may expect to pay your rent each month and keep your rental unit clean and safe.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

• Lynn5 years agoReport

very logical it reminds me of signs i need to look for. thank you. i've been thru this situation very recently. last complex purchased by LLC. had properties in a larger city and they came in stating they knew how to do every thing.BIG WRONG. Fire, ice damage. Maybe money from insurance?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • dog ma
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Their property manager will find YOU and notify you where to send your rent. If they are flipping the property, you can expect some upgrades. Your lease is still in effect and both you and the new owner must abide by it.

• Lynn5 years agoReport

by law required to identify how rent paid, repairs requested....As first reply stated, that's what property managers are for. unlikely to get to the property owner.
      Past behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behavior. How can i find new owners past behavior?

• Ellen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

That was really interesting and I have not heard all that before!!! Thank you for sharing it with us, sometimes its useful to know these things. I like the idea of reverse atm pin, and fingers crossed I do not need to ever find out if it works or not, still pretty nifty if it does work.

• 5 years ago

The local tax records will show the new owner, but don't plan on contacting them. That's what the property manager is for.

• Lynn5 years agoReport

how to get tax records?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mutt
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Have you tried Google?

You really have no choice in the matter. If you have a lease, and that is still active. If they are "slumlords", then you just have to wait until your lease it up and move.

• Lynn5 years agoReport

Yep, No luck.

• 5 years ago

Sold , not your problem unless you were involved . Move on .

• Lynn5 years agoReport

not involved,in sale... but moving is NOt a small issue. Already drive to get 100% occupancy has resulted in less than savory people. theft a problem now, recently saw a nazi symbol carved in paint.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.