Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 4 years ago

Will my Essential Tremor get worse?

I am 22 and was just diagnosed with essential tremor. It's not too severe where I need treatment right now, and it's mostly noticeable only in my right hand and only VERY slightly in my left hand. Is it possible that the tremors won't always get severely worse in the future? I am so afraid, especially since I am an animator and need my hands to draw with. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Very hard to say. Essential tremor is often considered a progressive disease, meaning that it will get worse over time. But the rate at which that happens could be so slow that you would never notice.

Essential tremor varies so much in the way it affects people. I have tremors in my hands and sometimes they're quite severe. I know it can be frustrating, and the thought of it getting worse is scary to think about. I've had to learn to take a proactive approach to the things I can control and to not worry so much about the things I can't control.

I heard people with essential tremor get supernova orgasms.

No, but it's essential you find out what caused it in the first place.