My brother hit his gf in the face cause she was trying to stab him with a knife it knocked her out. more details blow?

He hit her pretty hard and it was caught on video from my laptop, Just so happened I was recording for youtube. It clearly shows her trying to stab him and police were called. police arrived and watched it and said it was self defense. They have a court date and that's all I know so far. Her teeth were knocked out he hit her only once. My question is do you think it was morally wrong for him to hit her? (he was cornered.) and no this is not a troll question it really happened and no I will not play the video to anyone. Just answer your opinion please. Thanks

• nikkai
    Favorite Answer

The question here starts from was it right for her to try and injure him then was it right for him to injure her.

As the Police say it seems to be self defense. and any come backs will be deemed in the court case.

I would be very neutral on this even with one part being my brother. and let the courts sort out what is and is not crime etc.

Everyone has a right to defend him/herself. In this particular situation, I suppose he could have punched her somewhere else than the mouth, but it may have seemed to him the only way out. The fact that police didn't arrest him after seeing the video says a lot.

Happened to me. I picked my wife up by her throat after she woke me up screaming with a meat cleaver in my face. I was not even awake until I snapped out of it as I pinned her to the wall by her throat.

I think if there was another way out, it was wrong, but sometimes things happen before you can think.

Those two need to stay away from each other before someone gets killed.

Is it morally wrong to prevent someone from stabbing you with a knife?

Your priorities are a little skewed.

• Mutt

She had a deadly weapon and was approaching him to attack him with it. If he had a gun, he would have been allowed to shoot her and claim self defense.

So yes, it is morally right for him to hit her. It removed the threat, and it was one hit - He did not continue after the threat was removed.

Probably didn't need to hit her so hard he knocked her teeth out and knocked her out.

Man hold knife to woman, woman hit man, woman hero.

Woman hold knife to man, man hit woman, man jailed and condemned

Source(s): LOLsociety