Polygraph job interview.. is this forreal?

http://westslope.craigslist.org/trd/5180428243.htm...

"Must be able to pass a high security clearness background check (polygraph interview, DNA testing)"

I was just going through jobs on craigslist and saw this ad... Why exactly would a polygraph test be required for a janitorial job?

I'm not interested in the position but the description is pretty intriguing

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Best Answer

It might be a job working in a place that has access to sensitive information, like a bank, or a military contractor, etc. Janitors sometimes have access to areas that other employees don't have. After all, it is a position of trust.

• 4 years ago

Polygraph tests are only legal when a government security clearance is required. My guess is that they are a government contractor.

• 4 years ago

They are just setting you up for providing your social security number, bank details, etc for "clearance". It's a scam - ignore it.

• 4 years ago

possible janitorial job involves children or vulnerable adults or high security facility.

presumably they lie detect you so that when you tell them you are not a spy they can tell you are telling the truth

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

the ad doesn't say where the work is or who the employer is, does it? suppose they need janitors at Groom Lake?

• Bob
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

because you have the opportunity to STEAL a bunch of stuff.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

they probably poly everyone so as not to discriminate

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.