ara asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 years ago

how can i upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 without using windows update ?

i really wanna upgrade my windows 7 os to windows 10 , and i have reserve it and stuff and now i can download the files too form windows update and it does .... but here is the problem , my internet is very unstable and it disconnects a lot , but i have no other choice really , because i live in iraq and stuff.....but i was wondering if their is a more offline way of doing it , so ... i would be really glad if somebody would help =D

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You go here and download the software from Microsoft then install it

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/...

But if you don't have a genuine copy of Win 7, it won't work.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Froll
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

By buying Windows 10.

• 4 years ago

Hello. If you're using Genuine copy of Windows 7, then you need to do an upgrade for sure in order to register your license. Windows 10 uses a specialized key verification system and it was PC dependent. When you upgrade and register your copy, then the key will be linked to your PC. After the upgrade and registration, you can perform the clean install using USB (Create Bootable Windows 10 USB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSlSE8K6st4

Youtube thumbnail

) or DVD with the same Windows 7 key (It works now) since it was registered with the PC when you upgrade previously.

Incase if you perform a clean install using USB or DVD, the genuine key won't be accepted.

Hope this makes sense.

• 4 years ago

There are online merchants that sell Windows 10 on DVD or USB Flash Drives. I'm not sure about availability out there in the middle east. You still need Internet access for license validation and installation updates.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

You still have to download the windows somehow. You can't upgrade offline, files need to be downloaded. If you want you can maybe go to a friend who has better internet (if there is such thing) and download it from him on a DVD or an USB. If you do it on USB it will have to be a bootable USB, you'll need a file to make it bootable.

• 4 years ago

yes you can upgrade the window 10 without upgrade.

1 steps: you go microsoft store.

2 steps: go to the store tab.

3 steps: window tab.

4 steps: window 10 home tab.

5.steps install the window 10.

• 4 years ago

Buy windows 10 disc

• 4 years ago

Download .iso image file of windows 10 from torrent.

Then burn it and upgrade it

• AAAJ
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

You need a setup of Win 10 for that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.