Is buying a knife in CS:GO worth it?

I got into cs go a couple months ago and was wondering if buying a knife is worth it. I know it is just a virtual knife, but I am willing to spend time on this game. Any ideas on if it is worth it or not? Thanks in advance :)

Favorite Answer

Not in the slightest. Knives are for posers who want to impress people- make your point by being good at the game not by having the most expensive inventory. Plus people won't take you seriously if you have a crappy knife like a Gut Knife Rust Coat. You need to spend like $200+ and there are about 1000 things which you are better off spending $200 on.

Bare in mind this is coming from someone who has had a knife (I didn't by it, got a lucky drop). I ended up selling it after being spammed trade requests and people getting salty in game. GTA V, Rocket League and my beautiful AWP Sun in Leo were a much better use of the money.

Knives do absolutely nothing in-game, so compared to, say, using that money to buy actual games, it's a total waste.

If you absolutely feel the need to show off your disposable income with a differently shaped knife, go nuts.

I prefer to open cases. I've gotten 2 knives (Kept my first one and sold the second one) and I've only spent around 300 dollars on cases. Its also way more exciting, and you can get weapon skins as well while trying to get a knife.

Really depends on if you would like to spend money on something that isnt real.. You may want to open cases instead or attempt to do trade ups

Yeahhh of course ... Goo for it !!!