Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Christians what does Jeremiah 29:11 mean to you and does it encourage you?

Show me different translations to which one you like of this scripture.

Favorite Answer

Jeremiah 29:11

(Brenton) for thy fatherless one to be left to live, but I shall live, and the widows trust in me.

(Darby) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you in your latter end a hope.

(DRB) For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience.

(GNB) I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.

(ISV) For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for well-being, and not for calamity, in order to give you a future and a hope.

(KJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

(MKJV) For I know the purposes which I am purposing for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

(RV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end.

(WEB) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says Yahweh, “thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future. Message to the Jews of the first captivity. Action against false prophets. Destruction foretold. As long as we have God’s sure Word before us, it is our own fault if we be deceived, for by it we may be undeceived. If vengeance shall be taken on those who rebel against God’s Word, much more on those who teach rebellion by their destructive doctrines.

___________________________________

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

great thanks for posting all the translations for all God bless

• Mike

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

For me it means that God saves me from my sin, giving me spiritual prosperity and hope leading to eternal life. It definitely does encourage me to seek first God's Kingdom and Righteousness. God bless.

I like the King James Version. It pits peace and evil against each other, rather than good and evil. It also reminds me that God has a plan for His expected end (expectation) for my life.

“‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope." - The New World Translation

It could care less about future here on earth but in heaven.

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

seems like you are just a contrary guy

• Tom

καὶ λογιοῦμαι ἐφ᾽ ὑμᾶς λογισμὸν εἰρήνης καὶ οὐ κακὰ τοῦ δοῦναι ὑμῖν ταῦτα

And he said 'I prophesy for you wisdom of peace and not evil things to give you such (an end)'. I translated it for you all by myself!

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

guess you did not know about www.biblegateway.com

Tom thank you I know what it means and have read all the translations.
      I am glad you know what it means too and that you are protected from evil and demons because of what Jesus died to give you and me.

that God has a plan for our lives, i think right now mine is going to school

It is very clear to me, and helpful as well.

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

glad to know this