lori asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 years ago

scott tanner staff saergant camp eggers does he exist?

The real Scott Tanner exists but he's not in Afghanistan and he's not contacting you. He's currently posted in the U.S., not deployed anywhere overseas (I won't list where or scammers could use that information but the real soldier is definitely stateside right now). Camp Eggers closed last year so he can't be there anyway so you know it's a scam if anyone is claiming to be there.

This is a typical west African scammer using the name and stolen pictures of a soldier off a news or social media site

Scammers using his name have already been reported by other victims https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...

Be sure to add your story to that thread including where you met, email addresses he is using, photos, etc to prevent future victims googling his name

All you need to know is that the real soldier is not overseas and is not on dating sites and is not contacting you. The real soldier is a victim whose identity has been stolen by scammers

Don't send money for any reason

There is a Staff Sgt. Scott Tanner, but Camp Eggers closed in 2014 as a part of the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

Camp Eggers

If it's some dude you're talking to online then no. The guy you're talking to is actually a scam artist sitting in an internet cafe somewhere in Nigeria. That should be rather obvious. Has he asked you for money yet or is that still pending?

He must exist if he's asking you for money

• Dane

Yes. He is a gay porn actor. I'm sure you'll love him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Tanner

• Dane
      4 years agoReport

Lighten up. And no sh*t it's an incorrect response. You must be a goddamn genius.

Awww...crap! I can see this one coming...

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

DO NOT SEND A PENNY TO ANYONE ANYWHERE OVERSEAS!!! He/she is NOT in the US military and he/she is NOT in Ukraine, Ghana, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Somalia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Spain or Port Elizabeth!

READ THE FOLLOWING!!!

You are chatting with a young NIGERIAN MAN, not an American service member and he/she is NOT a Marine enlisted/officer or an Army soldier/officer, or an Air Force enlisted/officer, or a Navy enlisted/officer. He/she certainly is NOT a Colonel or a General! His/her email address would be "his.name@us.army.mil" or similar if he was REALLY in the American military.

The person you are talking to is actually a young NIGERIAN man - Got that - A NIGERIAN MAN! - in an internet cafe in Central Africa or Nigeria, daily sending out hundreds of emails, Tweets and Facebook messages to dozens of lonely gullible, STUPID men and women to send them pictures stolen off the internet of real American military personnel and spin a web of lies that include:

"I need you to pay for a proxy marriage form so the military can marry us." - NO, there is no such form and the military does NOT perform marriages.

"I need you to pay for the military marriage certificate." - NO, there is no such thing as a military marriage certificate.

"I need you to pay my Basic Travel Allowance." - NO, there is no such thing in the American OR British military. It is an invention of Nigerian scammers...con artists...criminals.

"I need to send you money so you can deposit it in your account and IMMEDIATELY send money to my 'trusted agent' (or someone else who is part of their scam)." You will put the "deposit" in your account, immediately send the money on from your account and then find out in a few days that the "money" you were sent was phony and that YOU now owe the bank every penny you sent on to the other crook.

"I need you to submit and pay for my Rest & Relaxation Application form." - NO, there is no such thing as a "Rest & Relaxation" form/application.

"I want to retire and I need you to pay the fee to apply to retire." - NO, there is no fee to apply to retire or to actually retire.

"I need you to buy me a satellite telephone so I can call home/call you." - NO, most places can be called via cell phone or Skype can be used.

"I need you to pay so I can call home." NO, not unless you want to pay for his/her STATESIDE telephone service. The military and the locals will not be charging him/her to call.

"I need you to buy me a military calling card." NO, there is no such thing!

"I can't access my banking account!" - YES, American military people do have access while on deployment.

"I'm not getting paid while deployed!" - YES, American military are paid by direct deposit to their home bank.

"I'm a widow/widower with young children." - NO, he is not, that's called a "sob story."

"I'm retiring/finishing my deployment and I need your help to pay my plane ticket home OR pay to ship my personal effects home." - NO, when finishing a deployment the service member is provided transportation back to his/her Duty Station in the States including his/her personal effects and a service member has to return to his/her home base to process out for retirement.

"I need you to apply for Leave for me." - NO, only the service member can apply for Leave, either Regular Leave or Emergency Leave.

"I need money to apply to take Leave" - NO, there is no fee to apply for Leave and a service member CANNOT take Regular Leave while deployed unless his/her deployment is a full calendar year and then it is at the halfway point (six months). The service member can ONLY take Emergency Leave (serious illness or death of an immediate family member) if the deployment is less than a full calendar year.

"I have leave approved and I need you to pay for my plane ticket." - NO, the service member has access to his/her own money and does not need you to pay.

"I need you to send money to 'my Commander,' 'my Trusted Agent' OR 'a friend' by Western Union to some armpit 3rd World country for one of the above phony reasons - NO, there are no such people and Western Union is the choice because it cannot be traced or recovered.

All of that said, he/she is NOT your "friend," "boyfriend," your "partner" or your "fiancé/fiancee." He/she is just a crook. ALL this person wants is for you to be stupid and send money...clear enough?

The following is the link you need to follow and READ:

http://www.army.mil/article/36242/cid-wa...

Move on and meet real people face-to-face. Stop the fantasies. If you can't figure out what I am saying then send the money because you are too dumb to be able to breathe and blink your eyes at the same time.

.

Source(s): 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer