Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

helping my deported son?

Ok so I am a 42 year old mother from honduras. I crossed the border in 1991 with after my 2 kids were born, making them illegal (they were babies). we lived in america illegal until 1996 when my children and i got a TPS ( temporary protected status ) one of my sons got deported when he was 17-19 for "stealing a car" he was covering for his friend but that case is closed. he was deported and then tried crossing again by himself. the immigration caught him and were going to deport him but then realized they made a mistake so they were going to cancel the deportation. then something happened and he got deported anyway. he later tried crossing again but couldnt get in because of the car incident. he is now living in honduras being deported for the third time. what can i do for him? how can i help him cross legally or get something to make him stay in the US or at least get out of that country , like going to mexico or something else?

6 Answers

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    There is nothing that you can do. Due to his illegal actions, he is banned for life from the US.

  • 6 years ago

    Your son got very, very lucky. "Unlawful reentry" is a very serious felony, punishable with 5 to 25 years in a federal prison. While inside the big house, your son would have so much sex with tattooed gang members, most of it in the bend forward position, that when he'd being released and being deported once again, he'd not any longer be the man you remember.

    Your son is barred from the United States for the rest of his natural life, based on several extremely bad decisions he made. You may overlook that he has become a criminal because he's your son, but the US government won't. There's nothing you or Pope Francis or the President Obama can do for him to return to this country legally in this lifetime, and if he tries to enter yet again illegally and gets caught, he will do several years in the slammer. He has closed this door for good, all by himself.

    You can send him money, and encourage him to get an education so that he eventually will move up the economic ladder. There are also several countries in Central and Latin America where he can start over. I'm not sure Mexico is where I'd want to be, but perhaps Ecuador or Panama, and of course Argentina.

    Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Rivera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • Stoo
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

    You can't, because he's made his own stupid decisions at this point. Tell him to stop doing things illegally and research how to get out Honduras legally to somewhere where he can work and earn a proper living. Eventually the USA might forgive the deportation, but trying to break in all the time won't work.

  • 6 years ago

    There is nothing you can do. In fact, if you do anything to help your son reenter or remain in the US, you are subject to 10 years in prison plus $250,000 fine for aiding & abetting a criminal alien.

    He is permanently barred from reentry as a convicted criminal. And he has compounded his crimes by reentering illegally while he was under bar to reentry. He should have gone to prison for 20 years! You (& your son) are lucky he has only been deported & barred from reentry instead of going to prison.

    He learned to be a criminal from you. You thought you were above the law & could violate US laws. You endangered your children's welfare by smuggling them into a foreign country illegally. You've committed crime after crime yourself, so no wonder your son is a convicted criminal. Maybe if you'd been deported for illegal entry, or convicted of child endangerment for smuggling your children, your kid would not be a criminal.

    Why don't you return to Honduras yourself & take care of your son there? You certainly have not taught your child right from wrong. Maybe you need to return to your own country & start doing things right yourself.

  • Raelyn
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

    The T in TPS stands for "temporary." Your son lost his temporary legal status when he was deported on the auto theft charge. Illegal re-entry after deportation made him permanently ineligible for legal residency in the US. There is no way for him to come back legally.

  • 6 years ago

    Why do illegal aliens think they can come here, commit crimes and still get to stay?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.