Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Since the Mormon church released the photographs of the stones Joseph Smith used do you all now agree that it is the true church?

You can't argue with photographic evidence.

Favorite Answer

Tee hee hee! "Truth" in mormonism? An oxymoron if there ever was one.

It merely proves that LDS, Inc. is well and truly rudder-less at present moment. Whoever is in interim charge because their current pope/president is nearing the end stages of Alzheimer's, while may attempting to be more "open" about LDS history, has gotten bad advice and is going at it from decidedly the wrong publicity end. Apparently they are tired of the "mystery" being more of a draw for the egotistical searching for a false belief system to put them in charge of their own destiny, than hearing open laughter at such antics? Or, possibly someone with one of Walmart's stone polishing machines has been a very busy boy and wants some recognition? Who really knows. It's.... mormonism, after all.

It's existence merely proves true the NY court record which non-mormons have been putting before mormon's noses all along, of Smith attempting to bilk the greedy out of money using his huckster's stone to "search for treasure on their land". He went to jail for the crime, and was told either leave the area or sit and rot in jail.

He ran. As usual.

What was the matter with the Urrim & Thumim he was supposedly divinely ordered to translate the "plates" the bom was written on? He accidentally stepped on them, forcing him to use his huckster's stone instead? Oopsie.

Source(s): Proverbs 28:1 --- The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
    • Neerp
      5 years agoReport

I heard him talk not long ago. If he does have alzheimer's, which is entirely possible, it's not that advanced yet. But then, what would a dolt like me know? :)

• ?

Presumably the objects that were photographed will eventually be made available for study, first by Mormon scholars later by academics.

An opinion is not required on every issue that is brought up to you. Accusations of fraud are premature as are being convinced of the truth of Mormon teachings.

Hey, if a picture of a pretty rock proves my belief system true, I can post one.

[I hadn't actually seen the picture until this question caused me to look one up. And in fact, we've collected similar stones in our travels. I find myself somewhat underwhelmed.)

Anyone with a triple digit IQ knows that releasing the pictures doesn't make the church true, doesn't make it false. It doesn't change anything.

• slcbtf

Pretty sure faith is sustained and confirmed by God. Physical evidence never was really part of the gospel plan. Hebrews contains a great lesson on faith.

Yeh man like a meteor in space proves that well there's a meteor in like space innit !

• Diane

I thought it was gold plates?

Oh right, looked at photo, its just a brown stripey stone? And he apparently "used" it to interpret messages. Hmm

• Simple Jack
      5 years agoReport

Smith used "seer stones" to translate the text on the plates into English. (so they say)

No.