Kortney asked in PetsRodents · 5 years ago

My guinea pig used to have a brother but he died. I'm thinking of getting him a friend. Will he do good with another guinea pig?

I bought two guinea pigs from a women who could no longer keep them. They were brothers and had always lived in the same cage. One of them died. I'm not sure how and the current one just seems sad and lonely so I was thinking of getting him a friend. I'm kind of worried he won't get along with another guinea pig even though he's been around other pigs before. Do you think he would be okay since he's been around other guniea pigs?

Favorite Answer

Because guinea pigs are social animals, I think you should get him a friend. Make sure if you get him a friend you monitor how he responds to the new guinea pig.

Sorry for the loss.

Way more likelly than not! Guinea pigs tend to live in packs in their natural environment, so prefer the company of other piggies when pets. Like the previous poster said however, monitor them initially to be sure! :)

I had two Guinea Pigs called Jensen & Jared:-) Jensen died first but i also had two rabbits. After Jensen, my rabbit Kurt died & then we decided to put Jared & my other rabbit Murdock together at eating times & then one day we realised how they was together so we left them in the same cage & they ADORED eachother (Murdock was ill & he gave Jared a piece of carrot then the morning after Jared died Murdock put his illness aside, even though he knew was gonna die REAL soon, & went looking for Jared then afew days later Murdock died)

Probably not I wouldn't try it, I am a hamster person so I am not so sure, ask your local petstore worker.

Do it, they love the company.