promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 5 years ago

I received a Notice of Lien of Judgment for Unpaid Tax from the State of Maryland Comptroll. What are my options to get it removed?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want to contest your tax debt at this point, you will probably need to take your case to court against the state of MD. Consult an attorney specializing in MD tax collections.

If there is an error such as the state is coming after the wrong person, you were not a MD resident, or such, contact the Comptroller and see if they will accept documentation to release the lien.

There may be an option waiting out the statute of limitations if there is nothing else the state can take from you, such as federal tax refunds, wage garnishment and so on.

• Crysto5 years agoReport

Thank you for your answer. I actually wasn't a resident during the dates that they are charging me for/ I was only there for a couple years while in the Army.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tro
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

probably none

when a lien has been placed there are no longer many options except to pay it

it will remain there until it is cleared and is a hindrance on any of your assets until it is

• Rob
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Simple. U pay it and wait for its removal

• Get out your checkbook and make it go away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Easy. Pay it.

• 5 years ago

Pay it off.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Pay your taxes!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.