Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 years ago

Am I going to get other than honorable for failing my next PT test?

Hey yahoo, This is a very shameful question.

I joined the military reserves on August of last year. Went through BT and AIT as a 25B. Barely passed my PT tests and failed my first Unit's PT test about 2 months ago and required to take it again during our Annual training. They haven't explained the consequences. They told a lot of other people they can just quit the army if they want to.

I haven't been in long enough to be granted that privilege

tl;dr 1 year service, no deployment record, Failed 1st PT test, If I fail next PT test, Am I getting other than honorable?

Wanted to say, Thank you guys for answering!

• AD
    Best Answer

You will not receive an OTH if your only issue is that you are an APFT failure. OTHs usually go to people that are being kicked out for misconduct that wasn't considered bad enough to send you to a court-martial.

However, if you do get kicked out for being an APFT failure, you may find yourself getting a General Discharge. Meaning that you may lose some of those veteran's benefits that you was looking forward to.

• 4 years agoReport

Thank you! I don't want to leave the army, but I'm a failure as a person really.

• ?

First off, you can't just "quit the Army." You signed a legal and binding contract. You don't just hand in your two weeks' notice and quit.

It is usually an honorable discharge. However comma, it is based off your individual performance. It could be a general under honorable conditions, if they have reason for it.

• AJ
      4 years agoReport

Chapter 15 used to be the "I quit" chapter before it got removed.

I failed 3 record PT tests in a row (I'll use the heavy bodybuilder card lol), they didn't do anything to me. No delay in getting rank, and I'm in still good standing. Eventually passed.

• AJ

Sorry but the "I quit" chapter was removed several years ago. It used to be a Chapter 15, Failure to overcome a bar to reenlistment. It was a voluntary admin separation which meant it was an automatic honorable discharge.

Getting a bar to reenlistment was so easy. "Hey 1SG, can you give me a bar to reenlistment?" "Sure." Then put in the paperwork and a couple of weeks later you were out of the Army.

You are NOT getting an OTH for failing PT, unless you phucked up in other ways.

It will be honorable if it is just apft fail

• Hugh Jass
      4 years agoReport

Hello Hank/Ally/Ronald. Didn`t expect to see you here. I thought you`d deployed to Afghanistan, but I see your mum wouldn't let you. LOL

they didn't explain the consequences??? this isn't story time in kindergarten. you are an ADULT it is on YOU to know the regulations pertaining to PT...and you can read or you couldn't get in... you've known the requirements, now put down the fork and get running

hopefully

you realy don't wang to be there anyway