23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

RIP Cilla Black

Source(s): JG
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I grew up with Cilla she will be sadly Missed and only 72 and never lost her accent

• 4 years ago

Early footage of her makes me think she was agonisingly shy, but she certainly came out of her shell as she became more famous. I always though she had prominent teeth but never got the same teasing as Esther Ranzen did about her gnashers, and they were both very much in the limelight around the same era. She lived for her husband Bobby and sons. RIP Cilla. good all round entertainer with a bit of class.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

I had good memories,i was a teen in the 60's,i collected her records and saw her play live twice, once with the beatles at a christmas show at finsbury park empire i thought i had died and gone to heaven!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I never met her but she certainly was an entertainer. I wasn't that fond of her singing (too nasal) but doing her shows, she was good - very much of the time.

But she was only 7 months younger than me and THAT is one huge wake-up call, as was loving my 67 year old younger sister last year. Such sad news for somebody who seemed so alive. Boy is Cliff going to miss her!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I saw her live at Blackpool in the early 70's and she was a wonderful singer who made you feel she was performing just for you. Her records in the 60's were superb. I am only sorry that she hosted that horrid meat-market show called 'Blind Date' - RIP, lass.

• Omega
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Pricilla White became Cilla Black,

and a star was born. R.I.P.

• I loved her records and have all of them gathering dust on vinyl, I wasn't keen on Surprise Surprise or Blind Date.

RIP Cilla xx

• 4 years ago

'anyone who had a heart' takes me back to a very well off pick up in a gay bar - i'd no idea at the time. he gave me a very interesting weekend and he wasn't gay. her record played incessantly on the radio i think. latterly i too saw her on blind date and she didn't seem to have changed at all. a true professional with the common touch.

• 4 years ago

Cilla was a great lady and I grew up watching her programmes such as Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.

I even liked some of her singles such as Anyone who had a Heart.

Does anyone know what she died of?

72 is no age these days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.