Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Is reading autobiographies and memoies of politicians help understand the practice of politics?

I want to be a politician in future so im wondering if this will teach me about real politics, not just theory

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think autobiographies could help determine how an individual thinks and what their policies are--without spin from some other source. (Of course, they'll be putting their own spin on it.)

I prefer historical biographies. Doris Goodwin, David McCullough are good sources.

• 6 years ago

Personal anecdotes are not road maps to broader understanding of politics, but could be helpful in understanding the intent and motives of the particular politician. LOL

• 6 years ago

obongo's autobiographies were written by terrorist Bill Ayers. How helpful can they possibly be?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

every person, regardless of race, has a breaking point.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.