Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Politics: Do you leave Tips?

Do you always tip the waitress or worker.

Favorite Answer

ALWAYS.

I was a waitress for 5 years and I must say we work extremely hard! My hourly wage was $3.25 thus waitresses make most of their money from tips. I personally always tip because I am receiving a service. The amount I leave is based on the service. 15% is standard. 20% is great. if you receive absolute horrible service then you have the right to tip based on that but I always leave something because every table counts in the waitressing industry and your tips are how we pay our bills.

• Linda

Only if they make the lesser minimum wage allowed for tipped employees. I waitressed for 25 years. I have tipped stylists although it is hard to tip someone make a higher hourly than you are. Now I just have my daughter cut my hair. When I tip, I do tip generously unless service was really bad.

I have always tipped for good to excellent service. But if the service is so bad, so ridiculously bad I ask for my bill and then go up to the hostess for my exact change and leave. She will ask why I did not wait for my server, and my response is always, yes it is customary to wait for your server but I did get a server today. I don't know what he is but he is not a server. Then I leave. No tip for really bad service.

• Edward

I do an I also give Christmas gifts to the paper guy,mail man,garbage an oil delivery guy. an any service person like furnace cleaner ,plumber you name it I tip um.

Source(s): I was a bartender an waiter so I know to give an show my gratitude.
  • Yes I usually tip above the norm as long as the service is good.

ALWAYS. And if you don't you're a douche. Unless the service was very bad I do, period.

I tend to overtip.

only for good service

I do, and I tend to give more than I should.

That's welfare. If they don't earn enough, they should get a job.