promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What kind of benefits and privileges are grandchildren of veterans entitled to?

Update:

Can they be eligible for insurance through the USAA?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I adopted my orphaned granddaughter when she was 18 years old (an adult adoption) so that she could receive education benefits up to age 26 for her college classes. She receives slightly more than $1000 a month in benefits so long as she is enrolled full-time (she is in her second year of an Engineering degree) and in good standing academically (she is on the Dean's List).

If your grandchildren are minors (below the age of 18) and you, the military veteran, have primary care of them as dependents, you should check with your local VA to see if they qualify for benefits based on your veteran status. I have a service-incurred disability classification, which is why she receives the education assistance.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

None. There is a fund for the spouses of WWII veterans- a monthly payment that helps with the funding of an assisted living home. But nothing for grandchildren.

• 5 years ago

USAA insures service members, Veterans and their dependents. You can contact them at 1-800-531-USAA to find out their current policy.

Other than that, you get the privilege of telling people your grandparent(s) served and that's pretty much all.

Source(s): 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

zero unless the service member adopted them or is their legal permanent guardian and the Veteran is 100% disabled or retired.

USAA has their OWN requirements for eligibility. I suggest you visit the website and do a little research.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TomB
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

They are listed in the Bill of Rights....and when they reach the age of 18 and become tax paying citizens, they get to utilize them.

Source(s): Retired Navy Grandparent
  • gerald
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

they have the benefit of seeing what their relatives fought so hard and sometimes died for go down the drain and the selfish and greed they fought against leave them with nothing in their COUNTRY

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Nothing

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The chance to enlist themselves and earn benefits.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

none.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.