I don't get why people demonize the Confederate flag? Flags are a symbol, different people take them differently.?

If a Muslim said the American flag offends me should we ban the American flag in state ground s? hell no we fly it even higher. The civil war was not about slavery. The soiders who fought were fighting for thier brother to the left and to the right . not for slavery I highly doubt they ran into battle screaming... show more If a Muslim said the American flag offends me should we ban the American flag in state ground s? hell no we fly it even higher. The civil war was not about slavery. The soiders who fought were fighting for thier brother to the left and to the right . not for slavery I highly doubt they ran into battle screaming LET Me KEep my slaves!!! It was about the north trying to force thier laws on other states that didn't agree. People seem to look at Lincoln as a saint. Ya know what he said. " if I could end the war without feeling a single slave I would" that proves Lincoln was not fighting for the slaves he could care less about the slaves.